If you follow me on Instagram and Twitter you were no doubt drooling recently as I posted a few pics from the SPIN! Pizza Omaha Bloggers Dinner. The fabulous team out at SPIN! invited a few of us out to learn about the pizza, taste test the pizza, and to answer everybody’s question….. What is SPIN! Pizza?!
Back in 2005, across the border in Kansas City, Missouri, SPIN! Neapolitan Pizza came to life. The founders had a fantasy in mind and wanted to…..
“bring the Italian spirit back to hanging out with friends and share our experience of eating DELIZIOSO, healthful pizza and drinking wine in a casual, social environment. We also love to ride bicycles, and so do the Italians. To ride in Italian is “Giro”, which also means Spin.”
The Papillion SPIN! Pizza location opened up in October 2014 – I had NO idea they were already open, did you?! It’s okay if you didn’t and the SPIN! Pizza Ribbon Cutting and Open House will be held on May 7th from 4PM – 6PM if you want to head out and welcome them to the area!
When it comes to the pizza….holy delicious amazingness! Seriously. First of all, they use a stone oven and EVERYTHING on the menu is HOMEMADE! Trust me, you can tell with each bite of tastiness. Second of all is the freshness. Dough is made in small batches every day, Grana Padana is grated on the big wheels every day, and even veggies and meats are stone oven roasted daily.
For our dinner we sampled A LOT so forgive me if I forget any names. We started off with the Sonoma Salad, Caesar Salad, and the Greek Salad. They are all tasty but my favorite was the Sonoma Salad. Something about the apples and chopped glazed pecans did it for me.
Along with the salad was Gluten-Free Flatbread and Rosemary Flatbread. I did try both and the Rosemary was really flavorful. I don’t eat gluten-free and it was all right, but those that did eat gluten-free really liked it.
Then the SPIN! Neapolitan Pizzas started rolling out and I lost count but I think we had 7 different kinds on the table by the time they were done pulling pizza from the stone oven. Everyone of them was so fresh and flavorful. And that crust….oh my yumminess! If I HAD to pick a favorite it would be the SPIN! Roasted Margherita. Those tomatoes…..I don’t think I’ve had any roasted that good!
We finished off the meal with gelato and let me tell you, making a decision was hard. In the end, I opted for the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Gelato and I didn’t share a single lick of it!
SPIN! Pizza isn’t just about the food. They are also about having fun and giving back to the community. There are lots of things in the works at SPIN! including Wine, Pizza, and Art on the Patio, Pups on the Patio Fundraiser with Town and Country Humane Society, Papillion Race Series throughout the Summer, and more!
Other reasons why you will love SPIN! Pizza:
- You walk in, order, pay, then sit down. No wasted time waiting for a server and by the time you get to your table, your drinks will probably be ready.
- They shoot for 7 minutes from order to table at lunch time and 12 minutes at dinner time. So, if you are on a date night and want to make it last longer, let them know to hold the pizza until you are ready.
- You can call ahead and pick up your order which works really well if you are on your lunch break and don’t have a lot of time.
- They have a nice variety of wine, sangria, and other adult beverages. I enjoyed a glass of Moscato while there was really good.
- They are sensitive to allergies. Almost anything on their menu can be made gluten-free and they offer dairy-free cheese as well.
Thanks to SPIN! Pizza, One Midwest Mammas Reader is going to WIN a $50 SPIN! Pizza Gift Card!
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW