Truck Farm Omaha Truck Farm is a mobile garden truck that is dedicated to educating Omaha-area youth about health eating and the benefits of growing your own food. The mobile truck is planted in the bed of a 1975 Chevy pickup and travels around the area to schools, youth programs, and community events.
If you want to check out Truck Farm Omaha, you can find them at the locations below in June.
- Friday, June 7, 2013 Avoca Public Library, Avoca, Iowa 10:30am (free)
- Friday, June 7, 2013 Benson First Friday an evening art crawl in the Benson Business District. 6-9pm (free)
- Thursday, June 13, 2013 Main Street Farmer’s Market Council Bluffs, Iowa 5-8pm (free)
- Sunday, June 16, 2013 Camp Yoga Rocks! Midtown Crossing, 4-5:00pm (free)
- Sunday, June 30, 2013 Florence Mill Farmer’s Market, 10am-3pm (free)
Some of the things that youth will learn about from Truck Farm Omaha include are the benefits of local eating, where food comes from, growing your own fresh, health food, and better eating and exercise habits. I don’t know about you, but I have the Main Street Farmer’s Market on my calendar. I have always wanted to take the kids to see Truck Farm Omaha so it’s perfect that they will be just a few minutes away!