Last weekend we took the twins to Disney Junior Live! Pirates and Princesses. At 21 months, I knew it was going to be interesting but they love Sofia and Jake oh so much. Not to mention their love for Doc McStuffins, who made a special appearance before the show.
I knew it was going to be a bit of challenge taking the twins to their first “live show” but I also knew seeing their faces light up would be worth it. Even if it was only for 37 minutes. Seriously though, for 21 months old, they did really well staying that long!
Here are some Tips for Taking Toddlers to Disney Junior Live! Shows if that will be in your future.
- Get there early so you have time to get to your seat, with a toddler. They will get distracted by all the kids in costumes, booths with light up spinners, and cotton candy.
- Sit close enough for the kids to see and if you can, get the toddlers seats too.
- Bring along their favorite Disney Junior Plush in your purse. They are great distractions while you wait for the show to start or during intermission.
- If your child is afraid of the dark, you may want to be near an exit so you can escape to the hallways for breaks. Mr. Oliver needed that once the lights went down.
- Try to stay calm and go with the flow. If you don’t make it through the whole show, it’s okay. If your child gets loud with excitement, it’s okay. Miss Charlie Sue sang at the top of her lungs after a song ended and it was completely silent in the auditorium.
If Disney Junior Live! Pirates and Princesses is coming to your area, I would highly recommend taking the kids! Especially if they love Jake, Sofia, and Doc! The singing and dancing was really good and lots of fun. The props were awesome and the characters did a great job resembling our Disney Junior favorites. All in all, I’m glad we took on the challenge and let the twins experience their first Disney Junior! Live Show – even if they won’t remember it.