Come one, come all and celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Holland Performing Arts Center at the Holland Stages Festival! Coming up on Saturday, October 17th from 11AM – 11PM is a free all-day event for everyone to enjoy! Some of Omaha’s most talented musicians, singers and artists will be performing and these are performances you don’t want to miss!
The schedule for Holland Stages Festival includes performances all day long on various stages including the following, and many more!
BANDALOOP: An aerial dance company who will perform a special work on the east wall of the Holland Center. You can the BANDALOOP Performance at 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM and 4:00 PM. I shared a bit of the BANDALOOP Performance that we saw during the Omaha Performing Arts Announcement Party and it was AHmazing!
Daniel Bernard Roumain Omaha Area Youth Orchestra and UNO Marching Band: Head to the Kiewit Concert Hall at noon and enjoy the show, or even participate! That’s right YOU or someone you know can participate in in this improvisational structured performance led by Roumain!
Conor Oberst: At 8:30 PM in Kiewit Hall, Conor Oberst takes the stage! If going to an Oberst Concert is on your bucket list, this is a great opportunity to check it off your list! Special Notes about the Conor Oberst performance:
- Tickets are not required to attend the majority of the Holland Stages Festival, though performances after 5 p.m. will require a wristband for entrance.
- Wristbands will be distributed on a first come, first served basis beginning at 3 p.m. at the 12th Street Arrival Plaza of the Holland Center.
- All-access wristbands will be distributed first, which will allow a patron entrance into any space in the Holland after 5 p.m., including Kiewit Hall for Oberst’s show.
- In the event that available all-access wristbands are completely handed out, wristbands for a simulcast will be distributed to the remaining patrons. Simulcast wristbands will allow a patron to gain entrance to any space in the Holland but the Kiewit concert hall.
- Patrons can view Oberst’s show on simulcast screens set up indoors in the Scott Recital Hall and ConAgra East lobby, as well as outdoors in the courtyard.
- Only one wristband per person; you must be present to receive your wristband for the headliner concert.
Behind-the-Scenes Tours of the Holland Center: This is an awesome opportunity to get a look at a side of the Holland Center you don’t normally get! Tours will last about 30-45 minutes and they will take place at noon, 1 PM, 2 PM and 3 PM. If you want to take this tour, meet in front of the box office at the time you want to go, and look for the guide wearing a “Newsies” hat with a “Tour Guide” card stuck in it.