A few nights ago I met The Walking Tourists and Ashley-Nicole out at Board and Brush in Omaha for a blogger event. I love hanging out with friends, creating personalized decor for my home, and sipping on wine while we’re at it. The feelings of confidence and pride you feel when the piece is done are awesome and it’s something that can be enjoyed daily or gifted to someone with love.
If you’ve never been to a paint and sip or craft and drink I highly recommend this experience for parties, ladies nights, company team-building. It’s also great to leave the wine at home and have a fun family day or epic kids birthday party! Today I’m sharing about the Board and Brush experience as well as giving away a workshop to one lucky reader!
Get Your Crafty On at Board and Brush in Omaha
(even if you’re not crafty!)
Board and Brush in Omaha is located at 539 N. 155th Plaza near Bakers. With 200 locations across the US, this DIY wood sign studio offers all sorts of projects to customize. They provide all the supplies and space for you to create a personalized sign to hang in your home.
I had a hard time choosing what I wanted to create but am super glad I went with the “Our Flock” wood sign. It features a thin branch with birds on it for each member of our family and our name across the bottom. In love with it to say the least!
When creating a DIY Wood Sign at Board and Brush in Omaha you get to customize it a variety of ways. You choose the design you want when you register so that printout and boards are waiting for you when you arrive.
Tools are provided so you can sand, distress, stain, and paint your boards how you want. Distressing was a lot of fun! How often do you get to beat wood with a hammer and meat pounder?!
There are several stains to choose from and you’re able to see how they look on finished products to help make the decision. In addition to choosing the design, this was the hardest part for me – each stain looks great in their own way!
After the stain dries you paint on on the pattern. There are tons of paint colors to choose to customize your wood sign even more. After painting, you can call it good or add an antique look with wax or do a bit more distressing.
All in all, it takes about 3 hours from start to finish to create a DIY wood sign at Board and Brush. They do offer quicker workshops, that are especially great for kids, where the wood is pre-stained for you.
You can bring along food and drinks to Board and Brush in Omaha making it great for bachelorette parties and ladies night! Bonus, no mess to clean-up when you are done! There was a pretty epic playlist going when I was there too – pretty sure they all of them were top hits from when I was in high school. It was awesome lol!
Learn more and check out the workshops at BoardandBrush.com/Omaha
Use Code MIDWESTMOMLIFE for a $15.00 off discount for Board and Brush in Omaha when you register for a workshop!
Fun Facts About Board and Brush Omaha
- Get a Board and Brush Omaha punch card to get your 6th workshop free after attending 5. A little secret, you can use the punch card when you get a group of friends together for a workshop and get your’s free if you have at least 5 friends with you!
- You can reserve space for private Tween Events for ages 12-16. Great for birthday parties, youth groups, school groups, and more. Cost is $35 per person.
- Private Children Events are also available to reserve for kids ages 6-12. It is $25 per person and the kids get to customize their signs with pain, glitter, ribbon, and more.
- Adults can also book private events for $65 per person. This is great for bridal showers, girls night out, and special birthday celebrations.
- Fundraising and corporate events can be booked at Board and Brush. There are a variety of prices for corporate events and for fundraising they donate 20% of registration fees to your non-profit organization.
Thanks to Board and Brush in Omaha, one lucky reader is going to win a free workshop to their choice of Board and Brush workshops!
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW