January has arrived, and while we don’t have snow on the ground, it is getting downright chilly. Don’t let the colder temperatures keep you indoors during January and February. Here are 20 things to do in Council Bluffs this winter, for both adults and families to enjoy!
1. Visit the Council Bluffs Public Library, where they offer lots of events each month.
2. Tour the Union Pacific Railroad Museum or attend one of their family events.
3. Book a painting class at Canvas Concoctions
4. Get tickets to Steel Magnolias at Chanticleer Theater
5. Stay active at Planet Fitness in Mall of the Bluffs
6. Catch a movie at AMC Theater.
7. Go bowling at Thunderbowl and check out their special events.
8. Head to Hitchcock Nature Center for their winter activities.
9. Get tickets to The Letterman performance at Iowa Western’s The Arts Center.
10. Stop into one of the newest local businesses, Stay Sweet, Nicola’s, for pastries!
11. Get tickets to the PRCA Championship Rodeo at Mid-America Center.
12. Plan an adult date night on the 100 Block.
13. Get tickets to the Tangier Shrine Circus at Mid-America Center.
14. Grab the adults and enjoy live local music and try your luck at Ameristar or Horseshoe Casino.
15. Take a tour around the Dodge House.
16. Learn about the early travelers of Iowa at the Western Historic Trails Center.
17. Pack your bags for a winter cabin stay at Arrowhead Park, or just a day on the ice.
18. Plan a winter 100 Block Party with your family, friends, and neighbors!
19. Grab your girls for free wine tastings and live music at Cellar 19.
20. Let loose and sing karaoke at a local bar.
21. Go sledding, skiing, and more out at Mt. Crescent!