20 Things to Do in Council Bluffs this Winter
Winter is getting closer, and while we don’t have much snow on the ground, it is getting downright chilly. Don’t let the colder temperatures keep you indoors from December through February. Here are 20 things to do in Council Bluffs this winter, for both adults and families to enjoy!
1. Visit the Council Bluffs Public Library, where they offer lots of events each month.
2. Tour the Union Pacific Railroad Museum or attend one of their family events.
3. Book a painting class at Canvas Concoctions
4. Get tickets to Little Women at Chanticleer Theater
5. Stay active at Planet Fitness in Mall of the Bluffs
6. Catch a movie at AMC Theater.
7. Go bowling at Thunderbowl and check out their special events.
8. Head to Hitchcock Nature Center for their winter activities.
9. Get tickets to It’s a Wonderful Life at Iowa Western’s The Arts Center.
10. Stop into one of the newest local businesses, Stay Sweet, Nicola’s, for pastries or Dusted Charm for a little shopping!
11. Get tickets to the Winter Jam at Mid-America Center.
12. Plan an adult date night on the 100 Block.
13. Grab the adults and enjoy live local music and try your luck at Ameristar or Horseshoe Casino.
14. Take a tour around the Dodge House.
15. Learn about the early travelers of Iowa at the Western Historic Trails Center.
16. Pack your bags for a winter cabin stay at Arrowhead Park, or just a day on the ice.
17. Get out some energy at The Hub!
18. Grab your girls for free wine tastings and live music at Cellar 19.
19. Let loose and sing karaoke at a local bar.
20. Go sledding, skiing, and more out at Mt. Crescent!
21. Take in a round of putt-putt at Pirate Putt!